Thursday, May 20, 2015 @ 5:07pm @Schmidts’
Individual killed in Abbottsfield (Beverly) by policeman
Low-Income individuals in Alberta being housed in rancid conditions in city motels
- Metro Tuesday, May 19, 2015 – “Albertans in financial distress are being housed in substandard conditions at discount motels on the province’s dime with the government unaware of the squalor, a year-long police investigation revealed.”
- This Blog cannot cover my thoughts, but I think you know how I feel
NDP being sworn in Sunday. Budget in the fall.
- Rachel, not on Sunday please. You are excluding us Christians who like to rest on Sundays. Maybe avoid Fridays (Muslims) and Saturdays (Jewish) as well, as they like to rest too.
Letterman after 33 years says, “Good-bye.”
- Long-time Dave, but we are going to focus now (Jesus, Love, and Serving the poor)
My anxiety continues to linger
- We all have things that trump the on-goings of our environment; this is my pain, but Jesus trumps.
So, what am I saying? I am saying this, people are getting shot at and killed because we are not taking care of our poor. Jesus will protect us if we take care of the poor; focus.
“Is this not the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter – when you see the naked to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood? Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.” (Isaiah 58:6-8 – all of 58 is AWESOME)
I am saying, we want to talk and work with our new government. We have over 10,000 visits a year at Building Hope Compassionate Association on a budget of less than $100,000; that seems pretty reasonable, but I am worn out and I do not meet on Sundays. Time to slow down everyone; focus.
I am praying this is a new era for us all. In the Name of Jesus, I love you all. jay